Another wonderful way to work with healing plants is through bath salts. We use a blend of mineral-rich West Coast sea salt from nearby Velddrif, and epsom salts (magnesium sulphate), which is recommended for conditions including ADD (attention deficit disorder), inflammation and general detoxing. To this blend, we add our dried plant material and essential oils.
Because of the epsom salts, our bath salts are not recommended for use during pregnancy.
As with all our products, we add new bath salts regularly, so the best thing to do is ask what’s available when you order. If you want something specific, be sure to contact us at least a week in advance.
Bath salts are sold in convenient, BPA-free plastic jars, and are available in three sizes. Prices quoted are for retail purchases made directly from us.
- 250ml – good for up to four baths – R40
- 125ml – good for up to two baths – R30
- 5litre buckets – R500
The present range:
- Magical melianthus: With Kruidtjie-roer-my-nie (little herb, move me not, or honey flower) – Melianthus Major – and camphor essential oil. Great for gout, rheumatic conditions, arthritis and joint pain. Maybe be helpful for restless legs syndrome and electromagnetic hypersensitivity. Do not take internally. Not recommended for children.
- Uplifting cape snowbush: With Kapokbos (cape snowbush) – Ericephalus Africanus – and eucalyptus essential oil. Helps clear the mind, good for stress relief. Also helpful for sore muscles.
- Rooibos and lemongrass: With Rooibos – Aspalathus Linearis – and Lemongrass – Cymbopogon Citratus, with lemongrass essential oil. Antiseptic and uplifting. Good for detox and for stimulating lymph drainage. Used at a foot soak, daily for at least a week, can help to clear up athlete’s foot.