Ointments and waxes can have fantastic healing qualities, but as soon as you need to restore moisture to your skin, you really need to add water. We do so in the form of hydrosols – the highly concentrated herbal waters that are produced as a by-product of our essential oil distillation process.
All of our moisturisers are simple, made with natural ingredients, and toxin-free. The oils we use include raw beeswax, coconut oil, cold-pressed organic castor oil, shea butter, baobab oil and organic hempseed oil. We emulsify with borax. The creams are safe to use on babies and sensitive skin, burns and open wounds. They are also more than just moisturisers.
Our moisturisers are all safe to use on face and body. They are available in the following sizes. Prices quoted are the retail rate when buying directly from us:
- 50ml jars – R95
- 125ml flat body butter jars – R150
- 250ml tubs, made to order ONLY – R275
All of our moisturisers include rooibos (Aspalathus Linearis), whose anti-oxidant, anti-mutagenic properties and connective tissue support make a good base for a cream. To this, we add other medicinal plants for specific characteristics.
- Soothing moisturiser: With Rooibos and Agtdaegeneesbos (pyjama bush) – Lobostemon Fruticosus. A good day cream for all skin types. Great for problem skin and old acne scars. Also good first aid for burns.
- Soothing moisturiser (limited edition with sand olive): With Rooibos, Agtdaegeneesbos and Sandolien (sand olive) – Dodoneae Augustifolia. Sand olive is packed with healing saponins that are helpful for keeping pores open and clear. This moisturiser not only helps to clear up acne damage but can also help clear up existing acne. A good day cream for all skin types
- Sun protection moisturiser: The phenolic acids in rooibos, Olienhout (wild olive) leaf – Olea Europeae subsp Africana, and Belbos (cancer bush) – Lessertia Frutescens - have all been demonstrated to provide protection against harmful UVB radiation. This moisturiser, which also contains lemongrass – Cymbopogon Citratus and lemongrass essential oil to keep away bugs, is also soothing for sunburn and other topical inflammation. This moisturiser makes a great day cream for all skin types.
- Anti-inflammatory moisturiser: This moisturiser is made to order to assist people with serious rashes and allergic / inflammatory skin conditions. It contains Rooibos- Aspalathus Linearis and Belbos (cancer bush) – Aspalathus Linearis. Can be used day and night by people with sensitive skins.
- Balancing moisturiser: This moisturiser also contains Boegoe (buchu) – Agathosma Betulina – which helps maintain moisture balance and combat environmental damage. Keeps skin soft. A good anti-ageing support. Buchu was traditionally used as an aromatic. This moisturiser is great for dry and ageing skin, and also makes a great night cream.
- Uplifting moisturiser: This combination of rooibos and lemongrass – Cymbopogon Citratus - can help to firm and tighten skin, and has a gently cooling effect. It is gently stimulating and also helps to keep insects at bay in the heat. It can even be applied for relief from candida. It makes a great day cream especially for oily skin and people prone to perspiration.